I touched on incorporating exercise, healthy diet and nutritional supplements for a great way to live longer. There are other exciting facts to include in our daily lives for healthy longevity.
1. SEX: Believe it or not, having an active sex life is good for a long life.
“Sex is a part of nature. I go along with nature.” – Marilyn Monroe
Enjoy a good, exciting sex life; sex not only feels good it is also good for you! Sex is a natural activity that increases a health immune system. Sex is a innate desire to keep the human race going!
- “Sexually active people take fewer sick days,” says Yvonne K. Fulbright, PhD an expert.
- Sex lowers your blood pressure Research suggests a link between sex and lower blood pressure says Joseph J. Pinzone, MD. He is CEO and medical director of Amai Wellness.“There have been many studies,” he says. “One landmark study found that sexual intercourse specifically (not masturbation) lowered systolic blood pressure.
- Having sex in the morning can make you feel good all day long as it releases those feel good chemicals like Dopamine, Oxytocin (the bonding hormone) and Serotonin.
2. GO SHOPPING: This has its health benefits: Shopping is a great boost to feeling good and while you are mixing with the crowd and interacting with people socialising, you are exercising your feet and pumping blood while the heart rests a little more than when you lie on a couch watching TV. A study recently showed that shoppers have a lower mortality rate. Beware of not sticking to budget when you go shopping.
3. BE HAPPY – LAUGH: They say laughter is the best medicine! Many believe that laughter puts a spring back into your step and makes you feel good. You are able to look at life with less stress and benefit from feeling good. Laughter activates the body’s natural relaxation and response. The Mayo clinic uses laughter to help in stress relief. Moderate laughter aids in keeping blood vessels elastic.
4. WORK: keeping busy doing the work you love will give you a longer life, especially if it fits in with your environment, family and stress free working times. It is very important not to have stress as this causes health problems. It is important to avoid stress, enjoy the work you do. This can be with people you love to work with. People who are happy, energetic doing what is best for prosperity, happiness, peace, and abundant health. Here is an idea for lifestyle rewarding work.
5. ALCOHOL: Enjoy a glass or two of red wine is good for you!
In moderation alcohol is linked to low mortality rates from a scientific study done in the USA.
Most cultures consume alcohol in various forms. Alcohol is made from fermented fruit or grains resulting in Wine, Whiskey and the like.
Wine is made from grapes, natural fermentation without the addition of sugar, acids and enzymes, water or any other nutrients.
Red wine has Resveratrol; scientifically proven with great antioxidant properties 1 – 2 glass a day consumed at meal times is recommended for heart wellbeing.
Red wine is fermented with the grape skins on while white wine is pressed first and the skins discarded before fermenting.
Enjoy life and live it to the fullest with caution.
Use this guide to see how many units of alcohol are in a small 125ml glass of wine. 1-2 unites is good. Sometimes when you order a glass of wine in a bar or restaurant you will often be served a measure larger than 125ml.
- 9% alcohol by volume = 1 unit
- 10% abv = 1.25 units
- 11% abv = 1.375 units
- 12% abv = 1.5 units
- 13% abv = 1.625 units
- 14% abv = 1.75 units